Latest News & Updates
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- Vote count set to begin from Wednesday
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
- Voting concludes in CA Election with about 70 pc voter turnout
- Bajura clash injures five NC, UML cadres
- Four centenarians vote in Baitadi of far-west
- NC, UML clash in Syangja leaves one UML cadre injured
- This CA will deliver constitution, says Oli
News View more
30 parties to write the new constitution
KATHMANDU, DECEMBER 4 - The Election Commission has published the results under Proportional Representation (PR) category. Informing the garnered seats, the Commission has requested the threshold crossed political parties to recommend the name inclusively.
UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
KATHMANUD, NOVEMBER 23 The UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has congratulated the people of Nepal for the peaceful and successful conduct of the Constituent Assembly election.
I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
Jimmy Carter (James Earl Carter, Jr.), 39thpresident of the United States, was born October 1, 1924, in Plains, Georgia. Jimmy Carter served as US president from January 20, 1977 to January 20, 1981. Gopal Guragain of Ujyaaloonline and Radio have had special interview with Mr. Carter. Here are the excerpts;
CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
KATHMANDU, NOVEMBER 19 - Chief Election Commissioner Nil Kantha Uprety has termed the CA Election 2013 a great success. Speaking at a press conference held at the media center of the EC in Kathmandu, Uprety made a preliminary assumption of over 70 % voter turnout throughout the nation. The voter turnout is expected to rise after the counting of votes begins, said Uprety.
- Registering nomination of candidates - October 3, 2013
- Publishing list of registered nomination - October 4, 2013
- Filing complaints against candidates - October 5, 2013
- Making decision on nominations and complaints after investigation - October 6, 2013
- Publishing name list of candidates - October 7, 2013
- Withdrawing candidate's name from the list - October 8, 2013
- Publishing final name list of candidates - October 9, 2013
- Providing election symbols to candidates - October 10, 2013
- Voting day - November 19, 2013
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
I did want to vote in the CA Election. But, unfortunately, the EC didn't work on allowing the Nepalese living abroad, neither did the political parties. I feel being stripped off my right to vote. It is the constitution of us Nepalese; we write it together. Everyone in Nepal must vote. Don't waste your precious vote. Though I couldn't vote, it felt like being at the election centers due to the updates from Ujyaalo. Lots of thanks to Ujyaalo!
Bharat Khom Raj Upadhyaya, UAE, Abu Dhabi
I had exercised my right to vote in the first election for constituent assembly. But the constitution wasn't drafted. There are greater chances of constitution to be drafted by the second CA. However, hundreds of thousands of Nepalese have been deprived of their right to vote despite their wish to do so. Please find ways to allow us to vote the next time. It is a matter of great misfortune that we, the youths who are living abroad, have been deprived of voting even at the age of information and communications.
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.