Dev Raj Bhar
Election Area: Banke-1 (Elected)
Devraj Bhar was born on January 29, 1952 in Balkot of Arghakhanchi. He is the son of Mani Ram Sharma and Kala Panthi. He is contesting from Banke-1 in the CA Election 2013 representing CPN-UML.
Bhar joined politics in 1969 from ANNFSU and was arrested and jailed soon after in Gulmi. He went to India for studies after spending six months in jail. He passed I.A. from Banaras and B.A. from Agra in India.
Active in the CPN (Pushpalal Group), Bhar joined CPN (M) led by Man Mohan Adhikary and became a member of Seti Zone in 1986. In 1990, he became a member of Rapti Zone. After the unification of CPN (M) and CPN (ML), Bhar became Bheri Zone secretary of the newly formed CPN-UML.
Bhar was elected as central member by the UML's 8th General Convention. His wife Bimmi Rani Panthi is associated with All Nepal Women Association. In the CA Election 2008, he contested from Banke-1 and came second with 9,360 votes.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.