Dr. Duman Thapa
Election Area: Arghakhanchi-2 (Elected)
Chairman of MRMG (Mountain Resource Management Group) Dr. Duman Thapa was born on September 17, 1969 in Narpani-7 of Arghakhanchi. Son of Gan Bahadur and Runa Kumari Thapa, he holds Doctorate Degree in Development Sociology from USA.
Dr. Thapa joined CPN-UML in 2012. Board Member of Mega Bank Dr Thapa is experienced in community based Development project and economic development. Dr. Thapa served an Advisor of Parliament Support Program at The Carter Center and was the Board of Director of Poverty Alleviation Fund of Nepal Government.
Dr. Thapa is contesting from Arghakhanchi-2 in the upcoming CA Election. In 2008 CA election, Puspa Bhusal of NC was elected, followed by CPN-UML in the second position.
He has a son.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.