A Mahasamiti member of NC, Arjun Jung Bahadur Singh was born on December 19, 1960. Born to Chandra Jung Bahadur and Janaki Devi Singh in Byasi-5 of Chaudhanpata Bhajhang, he holds Bachelor's Degree in Law.
Singh joined politics in 1977and became a central member of Nepal Student Union (NSU) in 1979. He served as a central vice chairman of NSU in 1985 and a secretary of Bhajhang working committee of NC in 1988. He has taken the responsibility as a member at Foreign Department of NC.
Singh, elected twice to parliament i.e 1991 and 1999, was appointed as an Assistant Minister for Foreign Affairs in 1999 and a State Minister for Foreign Affairs in 2001. He served as a chairman to Board of Director of Brikuti Mandap, operated under Social Welfare Council Nepal in 1993.
Singh contested in CA Election of 2008 but lost to CPN-UML’s Bhanu Bhakta Joshi, who secured 13,955 votes. UCPN-Maoist’s Dev Raj Regmi received 12,148 votes while Singh finished third with 10,092 votes.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.