Born on June 23, 1964 in Jelaa of Bhaktapur , Sunil Prajapati is contesting the CA election from Bhaktapur-2 representing Nepal Workers Peasants Party. Son of Badri and Krishna Maya Prajapati , he has Bachelor's Degree in Law and is in politics since 1979.
In the first Constituent Assembly Election of 2008, he received 18,100 votes, defeating his closest rival Lekha Nath Neupane of NC. Neupane received 13,265 votes while another opponent Ganesh Bahadur Khatri of UML received 11,769 votes.
In the 1999 parliamentary election , Prajapati contested from the Bhaktapur -2 and was defeated by Lekha Nath Neupane.
After the fall of King Gyanendra's direct rule in 2006, he was nominated to the interim legislature of Nepal.
Member of Constitutional Committee of CA, Prajapati is the central secretary of Nepal Workers Peasants Party.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.