Dinesh Maharjan was born on August 10, 1975 in Sunakothi of Lalitpur Sub-metropolitan City-6. A father of two daughters, Maharjan is the son of Krishna Maharjan and Bhyanti Maharjan. He has taken school education. He is contesting from Lalitpur-3 in the CA Election 2013 representing UCPN-Maoist.
He joined politics from the democratic movement of 1990 and was involved with CPN (Maoist) from the beginning when the party launched BhaLaKa (Bhaktapur, Lalitpur and Kathmandu) movement before the Maoist went underground. He remained underground throughout the period of the armed conflict. He was the deputy commander of the Kathmandu Valley then.
He became Bhaktapur District coordinator of the CPN (Maoist) in 2004 and the sub-regional bureau member in 2006. He also held the post of Lalitpur District secretary in 2007 and is a member of National Conference Organizing Committee member of Newar National Liberation Front.
He is completely involved in politics. He was appointed as chairman of Central Mental Hospital in Lagankhel by the government of Dr. Baburam Bhattarai. He was also a member of Local Peace Committee.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.