A mahasamiti member of NC Hari Prasad Nepal was born on July 17, 1952 in Kharsyoli-4 of Palpa to late Dhron Prasad and Iswora Devi Nepal. Plunged into politics in 1970, he is serving as a founding district chairperson at Nepal Student’s Union of Palpa unit.
A graduate in sociology Nepal served as a teacher cum deputy secretary to Nepal government. Inspired by the BP Koirala’s call for the party system, he plunged into the 1979’s movement, leaving the deputy secretary job and opportunity to have Phd in an American university.
After the formal entry in NC in 1971, Nepal served as a district secretary in Palpa from 1979 till 1989. After the split, he took side of Sher Bahadur led NC (Democratic) and served as a central member. Elected 1991’s parliamentary election, he lost to 1994’s parliamentary and 2008 CA election.
His relation with former PM Girija Prasad Koirala was turned bitter when Koirala dissolved the parliament and signed the Tanakpur treaty in favor for India. He sought for legal treatment, regarding the parliament dissolution. His political career includes a year prison life. He served as a member at Public Accounts Committee in 1991’s parliament. He has two sons.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.