Election Area: Kathmandu-3 (Elected)
Central member of CPN-UML Rameshwar Phunyal was born on October 29, 1963 in Aalapot VDC-1, Kathmandu. A father of three daughters, Rameshwar Phunyal is the son of Som Prasad and Nandakumari Phunyal. He holds a Master's Degree from the Management Faculty. He is contesting from Kathmandu-3 representing CPN-UML.
Phunyal joined politics in 1979 from the ANNFSU movement. He was also involved with CPN (ML) then and took the party's organized membership in 1985. Member of the Multi-party Publicity Committee during the referendum of 1980, Phunyal moved up in the party rank after having worked in regional, division and district committees. He also took part in the movement of civil servants in 1990.
He became the UML's Kathmandu District Committee member in 1988 and was the undersecretary of the party in 1993. He worked as the party's District Committee secretary in 1998 and has remained a central member since 2009.
In 1993 and 1998, Phunyal was elected as Aalapot VDC chairman and worked as Kathmandu District Development Committee vice-chairman in 1998. He had contested from Kathmandu-3 in the CA Election 2008 but lost the election with 9,549 votes. Phunyal has worked in various social organizations including library and cultural groups.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.