A political leader affiliated with UCPN-Maoist , Amik Serchan was born in 1949. Born to Badi Bahadur and Uma Devi Sherchan in Okharbotkhani-9, Myadgi, Sherchan has passed Proficiency Certificate Level in Political Science.
Sherchan, now the member of the Standing Committee of UCPN-Maoist, joined politics in 1967. His political life includes sixteen year underground life with three year in prison. Prior to joining CPN-Maoist in January 2009,Sherchan, who had been the chairman of CPN- unity centre , was associated with Janamorcha Nepal. He served as the deputy-Prime Minister and Minister for Health and Population in the interim government made up of seven party alliance(SPA) under Girija P Koirala. Sherchan was with CA’s Committee for National Interest Preservation, CA’s Committee for Legislative and Parliamentary Hearing Special Committee.
Sherchan was elected from Chitwan-5 in 2008 CA election with 14,397 votes. His closest opponent Bijay Subedi (CPN-UML) trailed by 10,012 votes. Likewise, Narayan Sharma (NC) received 6,805 votes.
His family includes a daughter and three sons.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.