Election Area: Makwanpur-4 (Elected)
Rajaram Syangtan was born on July 30, 1965 in Hadikhola-8, Makawanpur. Son of Chandra Bahadur and DhanKumari, Syangtan has a son and two daughters. He is contesting from Makawanpur-4 in the CA Election 2013 representing CPN-UML.
He has completed school-level education and is in politics since 1987. He became CPN-UML's Zonal Committee secretary in 1992 and remained District Committee member from 2002 till 2005. In the 1997 local election, Syangtan was elected as Hadikhola VDC chairman. Before that, he was elected District Development Committee member in 1992.
Former member of community forest and chairman of Central Forest Management Committee for seven terms, Syangtan became a member of Parsa Wildlife Reserve in 2006. He held the chairman's position of the Bhosiddha Higher Secondary School Management Committee for five terms and also became the member of Parsa Wildlife Reserve's Law Drafting Committee.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.