Krishna Prasad Paudel
Election Area: Nawalparasi-3 (Elected)
Born on October 2, 1964 in Paiyuu-5, Baglung, a member of National Representation Council of CPN-UML, Krishna Prasad Paudel plunged into politics from ANNFSU, students' wing of CPN-ML in 1980 as a district vice-chairperson. From a chairperson at Free Student Union (FSU) of Devchuli Secondary School, he served as a FSU deputy chairperson of Ratna Rajya Laxmi Campus in 1981.
Son of Kul Ratna and Geeta Paudel, Paudel became a district chairperson at ANNFSU in 1984. Ex-central member of ANNFSU, Paudel also served as a zonal chairperson in 1985. He served to the party as a district member in 1990 and a district secretary from 1991 till 2008, for four terms.
A graduate in political science, Paudel served as a district secretary of CPN-ML, split of CPN-UML, in 1997. Currently he is serving as a chief at school department of CPN-UML's Lumbini Zone Coordination Committee. He lost to UCPN-Maoist' Sita Devi Baudel in 2008CA election from Nawalparasi-3. Baudel received 13,535 votes while Paudel received 11,663 votes.
He has two daughters.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.