Bhim Bahadur Shrestha was born on September 26, 1940 in Bhagwati Puchhar Bazaar, Tanahun. He is the son of Nanda Lal Shrestha and Chunmaya Shrestha. He has passed SLC and is father of two sons. He is contesting from Chitwan-3 in the CA Election 2013 representing Nepali Congress.
He began his political career in 1964 by joining the then CPN (Democratic). He entered Nepali Congress in 1996 and is currently a Mahasamiti member. He became a Member of Parliament representing CPN (Democratic) in the legislative election of 1991 and was nominated in the National Assembly from Nepali Congress in 1997.
Elected as a member of the Rastriya Panchayat in 1981 and 1987, Shrestha became district president in 1969. In 1975, he was jailed for nine months for participating in the protests against collection of land revenue. Shrestha is involved in the various organizations like Campaign against Corruption and Transparency International.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.