Central member of UCPN-Maoist Pralhad Giri was born in 1950 in Auraha, Parsa. He is the son of Lagan Giri and Kailashi Giri and has two sons and a daughter. He holds Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science and History. He is contesting from Parsa-4 in the CA Election 2013 representing UCPN-Maoist.
He joined ANNFSU while studying in Thakurram Multiple Campus in Birgunj in 1971. He came into contact with the rebel group of Jhapa in 1975. He became a part of the Coordination Center at that time and even went to jail in 1977.
In 1933, he was appointed Parsa secretary of the CPN-UML. He vied for the vice-chairman’s post of Parsa District Development Committee in the local elections of 1993 but was defeated. He was the UML candidate from Parsa-3 in the parliamentary elections of 1994 and 1999. He was defeated on both occasions.
He quit UML in 2005 joined the Madhes movement and came into contact with Jaykrishna Goit, who had been launching armed movement in Terai, in 2006. He remained with Goit for a year but formed his own separate entity Samyukta Janatantrik Terai Mukti Morcha in 2007 and became its founder coordinator. Subsequent talks with the government led to an agreement and his group disarmed.
He joined UCPN-Maoist in February 1, 2013. He is senior vice-president of Senior Citizens Group, Parsa.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.