Election Area: Gorkha-1
Ramsharan Basnet was born on 1962 in Nareshwar VDC-8, Gorkha. He is the son of Lila Bahadur Basnet and Siddha Kumari Basnet. His family includes his wife, a son and a daughter. He holds a Master's Degree in History from the Tribhuvan University. Basnet is contesting from Gorkha-1 in the CA Election 2013 representing CPN-UML.
He entered politics in 1976 from Nepal National Students Federation and later joined ANNFSU in 1982.Basnet became under-secretary of Free Student Union at People's Campus, Kathmandu representing ANNFSU (Fifth). He later went on to become ANNFSU National Council member.
Representing the UML, he was elected as Nareshwar VDC chairman twice in 1993 and 1998. However, he was defeated in 1999 election for District Development Committee chairman.
Having served the CPN-UML, Gorkha District Committee on various posts, Basnet is the party's district chairman since 2001. He filed his candidacy from Gorkha-1 in the parliamentary election of 1999 but lost. Founder president of the Federation of Non-Government Organizations and Rural Strengthening Center,Basnet is the incumbent chairman of Lions Club of Gorkha. He is also the chairman of Rotary Club of Gorkha and a member of Drabya Shah Multiple Campus Operation Committee in Gorkha.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.