Election Area: Sarlahi-2
Born on October, 1967 in Hattilet of Mahottari, an advisor of Sarlahi CPN-UML, Surendra Lama plunged into left politics from childhood and joined CPN-UML in 1987 from ANNFSU. He served as a chairperson at District Sports Development Committee during CPN-UML Government in 1994 and a district member at Youth Association.
Son of Bakhat Bahadur Syangbo and Phoolmaya Lopchan Lama, Lama became a central member of Peoples’ Volunteers, Janakpur in-charge during the party split period. He further served as a district secretariat member and regional in-charge of the party.
In 2008, he worked as a member at Baudhha Darshan Promotion and Gumba Development Committee of Federal Affairs and Local Development Ministry. Founding chairperson of Chetana Sandesh Nepal, a local NGO, Lama also served as a district trainer commissioner of the Scout in 1993.
He has four daughters and two sons. His daughter Aarati Lama is serving as a secretariat member at ANNFSU.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.