Raju Khanal was born in 1911 in Ghorahi, Dang as the son of Dhundiraj Khanal and Durgadevi Khanal. He has a wife and two sons. He holds a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science from Mahendra Multiple Campus in Dang. He is contesting from Dang-3 in the CA Election 2013 representing Nepali Congress.
He joined politics in 1986 from Nepal Student Union and became the treasurer of the FSU at Mahendra Multiple Campus 1987. The next year, he became NSU's district president and also district member of the NC.
In 1992, Khanal became the district president of NSU and was its central member for two terms and central vice-president for one term. Currently he is a member of Literature Art Culture Department, a well-wishing organization of NC.
He also worked as chairman of Mahendra Hospital (currently named as Rapti Sub-regional Hospital) in 1997. He is a member of Nepal Red Cross Society, Dang and central secretary of Federation of Nepalese Cottage and Small Industries.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.