Election Area: Dang-3
Resident of Gulariya in Ghorahi Municipality-2, Laxman Acharya was born in 1967 in Urhari, Dang as the son of Jyoti Prasad Acharya and Puskara Devi Acharya. He lives with his wife and a son. Acharya holds a Master's Degree in Political Science and a Bachelor's Degree in Law. He is contesting from Dang-3 in the CA Election 2013 representing CPN-UML.
Having joined politics in 1981 while studying in Grade 6, Acharya became central member of ANNFSU and later went on to become treasurer and secretary. He also worked as CPN-UML's Salyan District secretary for one term.
He became Dang District Committee member in 1999 and served as undersecretary in 2003. He was the president of CPN-UML, Dang from 2009 till 2013. He is currently CPN-UML's Rapti Zonal Committee member and office secretary. He also worked as a teacher for about two years in Salyan and became undersecretary of Nepal National Teachers Association, Salyan.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.