Pradip Kumar Gyawali
Election Area: Gulmi-2
Born on September 13, 1962 in Balektsar-2 of Gulmi, he is contesting the CA election from Gulmi-2. Son of Narayan Datta and Punya Kala Gyawali, he has formal education of standard 10.
Commenced his political journey in 1971, he took membership from Central Coordination Committee in 1978 , before the formation of NCP- ML. Politburo member Gyawali is the chief of Publicity Department and Culture Department of UML .
He was elected to parliament in 1999. In the first Constituent Assembly Election of 2008, he received 23,253 votes from Gulmi-2, defeating his closest rival Chandra Bhandari of NC. Bhandari received 21,101 votes while another opponent Nim Bahadur Pandey of UCPN- Maoist received 7,321 votes.
He was appointed as Minister for Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation in 2006 and was one of three member of Government dialogue team, formed to talk with thenCPN-Maoist. Renowned as soft hearted politician, Gyawali is close to KP Oli, influential and senior leader of UML. He was an active member of the 2008 CA's Committee on Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles and Committee on State Affair.
He wrote nine books including five literary and four political, under pen name of Sitbindu, so far.
He has a daughter and two sons.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.