A district in-charge of UCPN-Maoist, Sonam Singh Syangtan was born on June 16, 1973 in Amale-2 of Sindhuli. He is the son of Buddhi Man and Yadi Maya Syangtan. His 6 brothers and 3 sister-in laws are in political sector.
Syangtan joined politics in 1986 from CPN-Masal’s cultural team and served at a unit committee of ANNFSU (6th), students’ wing of CPN-Masal in 1989. He joined CPN-Unity Centre in 1993. But, after one year attachment with CPN-Unity Centre, he joined then CPN-Maoist in 1994. At the initial phase of armed conflict period, he served as a member at Guerilla Squad and was assigned at Organization Department from 1997.
Syangtan served as a member at district committee in 1998, a Janasarkar chief of Makwanpur in 2001 and a secretary at district committee in 2001.
He has two children.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.