Election Area: Sunsari-5 (Elected) , Morang-5 (Elected)
Upendra Yadav was born on January 8, 1961. He is the son of Dhani Lal and Phudani Devi Yadav and has a son. He holds a Master's Degree from Science Faculty and also a Bachelor's Degree from Law Faculty. He is contesting from Sunsari-5 and Morang-5 in the CA Election 2013 representing Madhesi Jana Adhikar Forum, Nepal.
He joined politics during his student life but came into party politics in 1976. He went underground since 1976 till 1979 and was in exile till 1984. He was again in exile from 1986 till 1988.
In the CA Election 2008, Yadav was elected from Sunsari-5 and Morang-5. In Sunsari, he had defeated NC leader Sujata Koirala.
Incumbent central president of Madhesi Jana Adhikar Forum-Nepal, Yadav was the foreign minister in the government led by Pushpa Kamal Dahal 'Prachanda'. In the party, he usually faces accusations of giving opportunities to people from only Yadav community.
He was associated with CPN-UML for some time but later came in touch with the then CPN (Maoist). He formed Madhesi Jana Adhikar Forum as an NGO to work for the rights of Madhesi people and Madhes. After playing a crucial role in bringing the Madhesi issues to political forefront, Yadav later converted his NGO into a political party.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.