Prithvi Subba Gurung
Election Area: Lamjung-2
A CPN-UML politburo member, Prithvi Subba Gurung was born on February 12, 1958 in Gilung-8 of Lamjung to Ganga Prasad and Chini Gurung. Former law maker holds Bachelor’s Degree in Science Faculty. Commenced his political career in 1977, he took CPN-ML’s membership in 1980.
Gurung, defeated twice in the parliamentary election, was elected in the 2008 CA election from Lamjung-2, bagging 19,583 votes. His closest opponent Dil Bahadur Gharti of NC received 13,699 while another rival Madhu Adhikari of UCPN-M received 9,495 votes.
Party secretary of CPN-UML, Gurung was appointed as Minister for Tourism , culture and Civil Aviation by Girija Prasad Koirala led government, formed after peoples’ movement of 2006. Former chairman of Nepal Federation of Indigenous Nationalities, Gurung was blamed grouping communal and ethnic political ideology within the CPN-UML. Even some dissident leaders like Ashok Rai, Rajendra Shresthta quitted the party, but Gurung, Coordinator of Indigenous caucus of the former CA , didn’t follow the track of dissident leaders.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.