Ram Nath Dhakal
Election Area: Rupandehi-5
Ram Nath Dhakal was born on December 20, 1962 in Khadkkot-3 of Gulmi to Dina Nath and Dev Kala Dhakal. He holds Bachelor’s Degree in Law.
Former Secretary of ANNFSU, Dhakal joined politics from the students’ wing of CPN-ML in 1979 and took responsibility of Chairman of ANNFSU in 1993.
Former CPN-UML’s Lumbini In charge and former central member, Dhakal is now not belong to the central committee as he didn’t file nomination, claiming to terminate groupism and disputes, during the 8th convention concluded in Butwal.
Dhakal, elected in 1994’s parliamentary election from Gulmi-1, was also elected in the 2008 CA election from Rupendehi-5, bagging 11,080 votes. His closest opponent Basant Kumar Shrestha of UCPN-M received 10,785 while another rival Bharat Kumar Shah of NC received 4,443 votes. He served as the chairman to the parliamentary committee on State Affairs.
Dhakal, close to senior leader Madhav Kumar Nepal, is known to be clever leader. Arrested in 1987 for the first time, Dhakal was arrested for three times and spent one and half year time in jail.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.