Election Area: Chitwan-1 (Elected)
A CPN-UML’s central member and Ex- Finance Minister, Surendra Pandey was born on August 25, 1958 in Gajuri-8 of Dading to Netra Raj and Man Maya Pandey .
Pandey holds Master’s Degree in Sociology and Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce. The UML leader Pandey, who was the finance minister in the Madhav Kumar Nepal-led government used to be taken as a fair leader. Pandey, who was alleged of amassing Rs 50 million from one infamous Unity International, is a close relative of chairman Jhal Nath Khanal and is deployed to take crucial role for holding the important dialogues and consensus situation by the CPN-UML.
Resident of Chitwan, Pandey, who is in the central leadership of UML for past 18 years, commenced political career from the Coordination Centre in 1974. Pandey, elected to the National Council in 1999, was the CA member in the first Constituent Assembly Election of 2008 from proportional representation.
Pandey, an active member of CA’s Constitutional Committee, is contesting from Chitwan-1, from where CPN-UML stood the 1st position in the previous CA election, while his brother Rajendra Prasad Pandey, Ex-minister, is contesting from Dading-3 representing CPN-UML.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.