Born on June 1, 1970 in Varuneshwar VDC-3 of Okhaldhunga, Balkrishna Dahal is the son of Lilanath Dahal and Yashoda Dahal. He holds Master's Degrees from Management and Humanities Faculty.
He began his political career in 1986 from the civil disobedience campaign launched by the Nepali Congress. He remained associated with Nepal Student Association, the student wing of NC, for a long time.
Arrested during the 1990 democracy movement and detained for few days, Dahal is currently NC Mahasamiti member. At the district level, he holds the post of treasurer of NC Okhaldhunga. Dahal is also the central spokesperson of Nepal Freedom Fighters Association.
He also served as personal assistance of former NC President Girija Prasad Koirala from 2002 till 2008.
He has also published some books, including 'Okhaldhungaka 5 Amar Shahidharu'. He is contesting from Okhaldhunga-1 in the upcoming election. He lost the CA Election in 2008 from the same constituency. The CPN (Maoist) had won the election from the constituency while Dahal came third. NC was in the second position.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.