Nepali Congress Mahasamiti Member Chandra Bahadur Kunwar was born on July 11, 1960 in Sundar Bazaar VDC-6, Phedikuna of Lamjung. He is the son of Mukti Bahadur and Dev Kumari Kunwar. He is contesting in the CA Election 2013 from Lamjung-2 representing NC.
Kunwar, with the educational background of Intermediate Level, joined politics in 1979. He faced a court case during the student movement of 1979 and was jailed during the democracy movement of 1990. He was elected joint secretary of NC Lamjung in 1990 and went on to become secretary in 1992 and district president in 1999.
After the defeat of multiparty system in the 1980 referendum on system of government, Kunwar suffered continuous harassments from Panchayat ruler that pushed him to leave his job of a permanent teacher and become more active in politics.
He contested in the CA Election in 2008 from Lamjung-2 but lost to Prithvi Subba Gurung of CPN-UML.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.