Election Area: Bhaktapur-2
A popular youth leader of CPN-UML Mahesh Basnet was born on January 16, 1975 in Gundu-4, Bhaktpur. Born to Purna Bahadur and Ishwori Basnet , Basnet holds Bachelor's Degree in Law.
Basnet, chairman of Youth Association of Nepal (YAN), a youth wing of CPN-UML, took membership of CPN-UML in 1992. He served as a district chairman of YAN in 1998.
Basnet took responsibility as a central member of YAN in 1999, central treasurer in 2006 and Chief of Youth Force in 2008. He is serving as the chairman of YAN for two consecutive terms from 2009.
Basnet took assignment as a ward chief of Gundu-4 in 1993 and became VDC chairman in 1997 at the early age of 23. Basnet, a loyal to KP Oli, is accused of providing political patronage to notorious dons and leading the organization by dint of them.
Basnet is contesting from Bhaktpur-2 in the upcoming CA election.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.