UdayTiwari, ParwatMonday, Nov 18, 2013 09:15 AM (4 years ago)Total Hits: 960
Thirteen districts saw high rate of invalid votes in the past CA Election. While other nations have introduced electronic voting machines, we are still adopting the same old method of stamping on the paper and then folding it. That's why we have high rate of invalid votes.
How to participate?
Go to the Ujyaalo's facebook page 'www.facebook.com/ujyaalo' and send us your views, photos, video via message.
Mention Ujyaalo's Twitter Handle @ujyaalo (www.twitter.com/ujyaalo) while tweeting. Use #NepVote in your tweets about election.
Go to your message box and type 'Vote'. Give a space. Then write your views on elections and send it to 5566.
Dial our toll free number 16 60 01 5 55 66 and record your views in your own voice from every day 9 am to 10 am. You can also call 01 5000192 during rest of the day to record your views via IVR.
You can email us your views on any candidate, party or election itself, including photos and videos. Your messages in our inbox [email protected] will easily reach us.
- I wish the right person would win though I didn't get to vote.
- People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
- Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
- One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
- I did want to vote in the CA Election. But, unfortunately, the EC didn't work on allowing the Nepalese living abroad, neither did the political parties. I feel being stripped off my right to vote. It is the constitution of us Nepalese; we write it together. Everyone in Nepal must vote. Don't waste your precious vote. Though I couldn't vote, it felt like being at the election centers due to the updates from Ujyaalo. Lots of thanks to Ujyaalo!
- I had exercised my right to vote in the first election for constituent assembly. But the constitution wasn't drafted. There are greater chances of constitution to be drafted by the second CA. However, hundreds of thousands of Nepalese have been deprived of their right to vote despite their wish to do so. Please find ways to allow us to vote the next time. It is a matter of great misfortune that we, the youths who are living abroad, have been deprived of voting even at the age of information and communications.
- I just returned from a poll station in Kirtipur. Except the voter standing in line, most of the people there were making election analysis by listening to Ujyaalo.
- I voted for the one who will work for the betterment of the people, whose party policy is good and has proposed the agendas that uplift the status of the people.
- Booth captured in the constituency of Baburam Bhattarai. I wonder if this Baburam topped the SLC by capturing the exam center!
- I am happy to hear that voting has continued peacefully though I haven't been able to vote.
- 30 parties to write the new constitution
- UN Secretary General Ban congratulates people of Nepal
- I suggested Prachanda to resolve the differences peacefully: Carter
- CA Election 2013 a great success, claims CEC Uprety
Have Your Say
Click on Facebook, Twitter, SMS or IVR icon to submit your voice.
Voices from Overseas
While the leaders of the four major parties claim that the CA Election is for drafting constitution,...Ganga Bahadur Gharti Magar, Damri, Pyuthan, now Jeddah, Saudi Arab
May one party, whichever that may be, receive majority and bring improvements to the nation's co...Pashupati Baral, now UAE
Here is my suggestion for the upcoming CA election. Nepal is facing big problem now as half of the ...Raghu Nath Sah
I read the news regarding- the EC is unable to distribute voters’ i-card to all voters prior t...Nawaraj Nabodit, Abudabi, UAE
Citizen Voice/Have Your Say
People walk for 3-4 hours to vote. The leaders, however, use helicopter to cover a distance of even just an hour's walking distance. Why does the EC not see this?
Ujwal Kharel @uzlkharel
Those who capture booths are cowards, no matter whichever party carries it out. This is a disregard to the people's ballot. The election should be cancelled if the booth is captured.
Bhupa Raj Ekal Yatri
One who can buy you today may sell you tomorrow! Vote without considering notes. Choose the right candidate.
Beni Moktan @beni_moktan
- JUMLA, NOVEMBER 19 - Voting in two election centers in Jumla's Depalgaun VDC has been postponed, after CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes on Tuesday. Some 60 cadres of CPN-Maoist looted ballot boxes from the election centers of Tribhuwan High School in Depalgaun VDC.
- BHOJPUR, NOVEMBER 16 - Two miscreants attacked the UCPN-Maoist' election assembly being held in Jarayotar VDC, eastern Bhojour with two bombs.